My teaching philosophy is themed around the development of intellectual humility, intellectual discipline, citizenship, and employability. My teaching approach uses technology based experiential learning to provide the practical reality to each subject’s theoretical underpinning.
My experience includes courses on financial econometrics, financial trading, financial institutions and capital markets, and financial data analytics. I have also designed and delivered executive education courses on statistical forecasting and capital markets. I am Director of a Quantitative Finance masters programme.
- Stability, Risk and Financial Regulation
- Financial Cooperatives
- Forecasting Analytics
- Applied Financial Econometrics
- Benchmarking Performance using Production Frontier techniques
Latest projects include:
- Unintended Systemic Risk Consequences of Regulatory Compliance
- Financial Stability and Macro Prudential Policies
- Cooperative Traits of Mergers
- Unintended Consequences of Economic Regulation in English Football
- Stakeholder Dynamics of Fiscal Policy Change: An Northern Ireland Case Study
Click here for my full academic CV
I am a serial Bodhran player and have had the privilege of teaching two classes in the Glengormley School of Traditional Music over the last few years. The bodhran section of my site includes lessons that i have used in my classes and a ‘play-along’ player which has tunes at various speeds to facilitate learning.
[ttfmp_widget_area page_id=”314″ section_id=”1412758541680″ column_id=”1″]